Parent Advisory Council
The Pamlico County School District recognizes that parent & family engagement in education has a positive effect on student achievement and is an important strategy to close achievement gaps. In creating a Parent Advisory Council, the District wishes to promote respectful partnerships between educators, administrators, and families to support student learning and positive child/youth development at home, in school, and in the community.
The main duties of the Parent Advisory Council will be to:
- Identify and recommend strategies to increase school-family partnerships at district and school building
- Identify and recommend culturally appropriate practices to welcome and engage diverse families in all
- Continually work collaboratively to develop the Parent Advisory Council, its responsibilities, its structure, and best practices; provide recommendations to the Council for improvements to help guide the success of the Council to ensure we are meeting our goals.
- Assist and support school district administrator’s activities and efforts to engage parents and community
- Represent their school by seeking input and feedback from other parents.
- Actively participate in the process by listening and sharing
- Commit to pursuing the interests of every student in the Pamlico County School District
23-24 Parent Advisory Council Members
Interested in serving on the Parent Advisory Council?
The Pamlico County Schools Parent Advisory Council will begin accepting applications for the 24-25 school year beginning January 2024.
Parent Advisory Council Central Office Contact
Crystal Dixon, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
(252) 745 - 4171