Title I - Overview
Title I, the largest federal education program, is the foundation of the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015. Title I funds are provided to schools with large numbers of economically-disadvantaged students. Based on the needs of their student subgroups, Title I schools design instructional programs and provide student services to supplement existing programs that are financed through local, state, and other federal funds. These additional funds are used to design strategies that meet the needs of students that are most at risk for school failure. Services may include implementing effective instructional practices, hiring teachers to reduce class size, purchasing materials and supplies, and hiring additional teacher assistants or other personnel.
An elementary school that is designated as a schoolwide Title I school has 40% or more of its student population receiving Free or Reduced Lunches. A secondary school is considered Title I in which at least 75% of the student population has been designated as economically disadvantaged.
Three Pamlico County schools are currently Title I schools:
Parent and family engagement is a key component to student academic achievement. Title I schools provide training to their staff to show them how to effectively include parents as partners in their children's education. Parents and family members of students attending Pamlico County Schools, especially Title I schools, are encouraged to be play an active part in their child's education. Schools provide materials and training to parents and families on how to support the child's social-emotional and academic progress.
Parents and family members in Title I schools also collaborate with educators to develop a written parent and family engagement policy. This policy helps direct the work of the school regarding parent involvement. Through training and collaboration, parents and educators alike discover that parent involvement can take many forms and can provide a boost to the child's academic and social-emotional success.
- The School Improvement Plan
- Qualifications of your child's teacher
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and assistants to ensure highly qualified personnel
- Information regarding state and local testing policy
- Opportunities for parent engagement and input
- The Pamlico County Schools Strategic Plan
- The Pamlico County Title I Parent and Family Engagement Plan and School-Parent Engagement Plan
- Pamlico County System Report Card
- School Report Card
Según lo requerido por ESSA, Título I Parte A, la información está disponible en cada escuela para incluir, pero no se limita a lo siguiente:
- El plan de mejora escolar
- Calificaciones del maestro de su hijo(a)
- Oportunidades de desarrollo profesional para maestros y asistentes para asegurar personal altamente calificado
- Información sobre la política de pruebas estatales y locales.
- Oportunidades para la participación y participación de los padres.
- El Plan de Mejoramiento de las Escuelas del Condado de Pamlico
- El Plan de Participación de Padres y Familias Título I del Condado de Pamlico y el Plan de Participación Escuela-Padres
- Tarjeta de informe del sistema del condado de Pamlico
- Boleta de calificaciones de la escuela